TrueVillages collects personal information when you register with TrueVillages, and when you visit TrueVillages pages or the pages of certain TrueVillages partners. TrueVillages may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, location, and personal information in the form of long and short bio. When you register with TrueVillages and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
TrueVillages collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of TrueVillages and services that we offer.
TrueVillages automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP Address, TrueVillages cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
TrueVillages uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
TrueVillages will not create an account for anyone with a birthdate under 13 years of age.
When someone with a birthdate under the age of 13 attempts to register with TrueVillages, we ask that the child have a parent or guardian create and monitor the TrueVillages account to maintain parental supervision.
TrueVillages will not be held liable for any person under the age of 13 or any other person who creates an account on TrueVillages.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
TrueVillages does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with TrueVillages under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help TrueVillages communicate with you about offers from TrueVillages and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13. Parents have the option of allowing TrueVillages to collect and use their child's information without consenting to TrueVillages sharing of this information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
TrueVillages displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, men ages 25-34 from a particular geographic area.
- TrueVillages does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- TrueVillages advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
TrueVillages works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
TrueVillages may set and access TrueVillages on your computer.
TrueVillages lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to TrueVillages' cookies.
TrueVillages uses web beacons to access TrueVillages cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with TrueVillages products and services.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
You can edit attributes of your TrueVillages account information, at any time.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the TrueVillages service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the TrueVillages Newsletter, that are considered part of your TrueVillages account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
You can delete your TrueVillages account by visiting your edit account page.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
TrueVillages may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your TrueVillages account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS